Delegation of the European Union to Albania
Building and Architecture
Project Management and Works Supervision
Supervision of Restoration Works of Historical Heritage Sites in Shkoder, Elbasan, Korca and Berat
The project consisted on the provision of supervision for restoration and construction works aiming to valorization of urban areas around Albanian historical sites in the municipalities of Shkodra, Elbasan, Korca and Berat.
The activities included the restoration of almost the whole infrastructure as an important element to avoid further deterioration of the site and provide better services to visitors and population living there.
The nature of Consultant’s services was to provide qualified and professional technical assistance to the Contracting Authority:
- Acting as the Supervisor according to the General Conditions for Works Contracts Financed by the European Union for the implementation of the works contract included in the Project;
- Contract administration and works supervision in compliance with the Conditions of Contract for the concerned works contract;
- Project management and administration, quantity and quality assurance, commissioning and taking over in strict compliance with Practical Guide to Contract procedures for EU external actions (PRAG) and relevant Albanian legislation;
- Technical and financial reporting to the Contracting Authority and the Beneficiary;
- Technical and contractual support during the Defect Liability Period for each area included in the project.