A new kindergarten building was constructed in Pristina, Kalabria neighborhood, on a plot of about 29,010.72 m2, with an approximate capacity of 90 children.
The preliminary design for the Kindergarten is was done respecting norms and best international practices for designing of such kind of buildings, respecting design program and task given by investor; the European Union Office in Kosovo, the Ministry of Education and urban requirements given by the Municipality of Pristina.
The users of the new building will be children of age 1 to 6 years old and other educational and administrative staff.
The kindergarten is organized as follows: pedagogical spaces, social spaces, administrative unit, service areas and outside activities. The pedagogical areas / children’s classrooms, library and multipurpose space are located on the south and east side, on the west side there are administration units and on the north side services and corridor.
Services provided by IRD Engineering:
a) Preparation of the unit price works tender dossier phase:
- Finalization and/or revision of programme for the new kindergarten, based on the municipal needs;
- Surveys and investigations of the site of the building to be constructed completed;
- Conceptual design of the new building and of its surrounding;
- Detailed design of the new building and of its surrounding and tender documents for a ‘unit price based contract, including technical specifications, the Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and drawings in accordance with the relevant international construction and safety standards and the EU PRAG rules;
- Assistance to the Contracting Authority during the works tendering and contracting phase.
b) Supervision phase:
- Supervision of the Construction of the Works, including acting as the “Engineer” under the FIDIC Conditions of Contract and as “Supervisor” under the PRAG regulations, working proactively to have the works completed within the contractual deadline;
- Cooperate with the Works Contractor, the Beneficiaries and other stakeholders to have the civil works completed within the contractual deadline;
- Actively contributing to the visibility of the project;
- Assisting and providing advice to the EU Office on any matters related to the project where the experience and skills of the Consultant could be beneficial.