Vacancy – Project Manager Defense
Project Manager / Business Developer
1. Synthetic Profile:
Developing business and managing projects
2. Company Profile:
IRD Engineering is a leading Italian engineering consultancy offering comprehensive solutions worldwide for a wide variety of infrastructure schemes. Totally independent from any construction or industrial group, IRD Engineering has an extensive track record in the provision of consulting and engineering services in projects financed by the most important International Financial Institutions; the EU, the EBRD, the EIB, the ADB, NATO, the WB, and the AfDB.
- The Candidate manages the business development, from the tender phase to the implementation phase of complex designs;
- Supported preparation of price proposals and bid submissions;
- Demonstrating commercial and financial awareness, he/she shall give input into developing the project budget;
- Once project has been awarded, Project Manager plans and directs all design engineers, drafters, and technical engineers working on specific projects;
- Project Manager monitors progress and performance against the project plan;
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility;
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments and Client;
The candidate will be under the direct supervision of the Head of Division.
5. Projects Discipline:
The candidate shall work within IRD Engineering Defense Division, military and hierarchical environment; the candidate has to provide availability to perform his/her duties within a hostile environment else war zone.
6. Competences and skills:
- M.sc in Engineering;
- English proficiency certified level C1;
- Adequate and proven experience as a project manager for construction/engineering companies specialized in Civil Engineering and complex infrastructures.
- Past experience in the technical-operational area of companies which have managed infrastructures, engineering and construction companies specialized in civil engineering and complex infrastructures.
7. Employment Contract:
Work place: IRD Engineering HQ, Rome, Italy (estimated min. 25% of the time subject to mission abroad)
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, please send us your CV in English, not later than 31st May 2022, to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject: Project Manager Defense.