Public Company “Autoputevi Republike Srpske
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Project Management and Works Supervision
Supervision of Detailed Design and Construction Works on Banja Luka – Doboj Motorway (Prnjavor – Doboj Section)
The new Motorway Banja Luka – Doboj consists of two sections, Prnjavor – Doboj and Banja Luka – Prnjavor. Its total length will be 71.9 km, connecting Belgrade and Banja Luka, as well as the highway Gradiška – Banja Luka with the Pan-European Corridor Vc.
The section Prnjavor – Doboj, where IRD Engineering led the supervision of all works under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (Yellow Book), consists of 36.6 km of a new 4-lane full-standard motorway, together with two new interchanges, 20 bridges, 1 tunnel, maintenance, toll and service areas, and 20 km of local connecting roads. The overall value of the project is roughly 195 mil Eur.
The project consisted of:
- Motorway: a 4 lane motorway: 2 traffic lanes and an emergency lane in each direction;
- Junctions and link roads: including connections where required to the existing highway network;
- Toll Stations: including but not limited to: pavements, buildings, mechanical/electrical, tolling hardware/software, ticketing and payment facilities, barriers, IT, lighting, signing, highway link roads to existing highway network;
- Service Areas: including but not limited to: road pavements, buildings, mechanical electrical, IT, highway link roads to existing highway network;
- Motorway Operations Centers and maintenance Compounds, including but not limited to: road pavements, buildings, vehicle maintenance facilities, plant &equipment storage, salt barns, mechanical/electrical, IT, highway link roads to existing highway network;
- Weigh-in-motion sites, including: road pavements, buildings, specialist equipment and any highway links.
The project consisted of two main phases:
- Supervision of Detailed Design of the new 4-lanes motorway section, 36 km length;
- Supervision of the construction works under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (1st edition 1999) – Yellow Book – and assistance during Defects Notification Period (24 months).