Delegation of the European Union to Albania / General Directorate of Water Supply and Sanitation (GDWSS)
Water and Municipal Infrastructure
Project Management and Works Supervision
Design and Tender Documents for Sewerage Systems for Vlora and Ksamil and Works Supervision for Vlora, Ksamil, Kavaja, Lezha and Shengjin
The objective of the Project was to improve certain water and wastewater infrastructure in Albania, which was in deplorable conditions.
The Contract consisted on the design and supervision of construction works for the water supply and sewerage systems, with wastewater treatment plant, for Vlora, Ksamil, Kavaja and Lezha/Shengjin, namely:
- Construction of the secondary and tertiary sewerage system in Vlora;
- Construction of the sewerage system in Ksamil;
- Extension of wastewater treatment plant in Kavaja;
- Rehabilitation and extension of the sewerage system in Lezha/Shengjin.
The implementation of the Contract was divided into two phases:
- Phase 1: Design and Tender documents
- Phase 2: Supervision of Works
The number of direct beneficiaries of the sewerage system in Vlora and Ksamil is, respectively, 129,000 and 75,000 people while the extension of Kavaja treatment plant will increase its capacity of the to 100,000 inhabitants.
The works included the construction of pipelines, pumping stations and wastewater treatment plants.